Saturday 5 March 2011

Day 6 Ceduna

It was nice to be able to have a lie in this morning and not have to pack up and move on - even though it doesn't take too long to do that. 

We went for a drive around Ceduna today and went to Thevenard and the viewing platform at Pinky Point.  From there you can look at the islands in the bay and out to the Great Australian Bight as well as the big silos that are at the wharf and have a big conveyor belt that moves the grain around.  Also here is where they keep the gypsum and salt.  It is quite an arid looking area with lots of mallee scdrub and dry salt lakes and granite outcrops.  The sunsets are spectacular too.  We have been lucky and have been able to get TV reception everywhere so far although Peter is lamenting that he won't get to see any rugby league.......my heart bleeds! 

This is a boat at the Ceduna wharf.
The person in this house had made all these whirly gigs using household items such as ice cream containers, plastic drink bottles, etc.

These are the big grain silos at the wharf.

I am loving my ebook reader.  I purchased several ebooks before I left and have already read two of them and am half way through the third.  It is so easy to use, a flip of the finger turns the page and it always remembers where you are up to.  It also has a built in dictionary so if I come across a word I don't know, I just tap on it twice and it brings up the meaning. 

I forgot to include this picutre the other day.  They are a man and a women that have been put together using different items.  For example the man's privates is a tap.  We had a good giggle.  They are on the front of a house in Clare.

Tomorrow we cross the Nullabor.  We will be stopping to look at lots of things on the way so we aren't sure where we will be tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is well. 
cheers
Pete and Roz

1 comment:

  1. A good travel plan is a flexible one! Such a big country with so much to see. I recall we stopped at Eucla and visited the old telegraph station, but were chased by the biggest flies I have ever encountered in my whole life! Hope the sun keeps shining on you.

    ReplyDelete