Saturday 26 March 2011

Day 23 Perth, Rockingham and Mandurah

We had an unexpected visit to the doctor today.  Last night I accidentally cut my finger.  Stupid really, I had peeled and eaten an orange and the skin was in a pile on the table.  I decided to stab it all with the knife to put in the bin but the last bit didn't go on so I picked it up to slide it onto the knife and you guessed it - almost sliced my finger off instead.  Peter quickly gave me a cloth and then grabbed the first aid kit.  About five bandaids later he managed to stop the bleeding (I think it was still bleeding but there was nowhere for the blood to go with all the bandaids!).  It was 9:30pm so we decided to go to the doctor in the morning (today).  When we rang we couldn't get in till 11:45am and when I did get to see a doctor she said it was very deep but it was too late to put stitches in so I ended up with steri strips instead.  Surprisingly it didn't hurt that much except if I touch it and if bumped it hurts like hell!  Didn't get out of the doctors until 12:30pm which really stuffed our day up so we decided to go back to the caravan park, have lunch and then go to Rockingham and Mandurah for a look.

On the way to Rockingham we came past a huge grain terminal with elevators to take the grain to boats at the wharf.  It was amazing.  Rockingham was nice, on the beach, and had a jetty that we went on.

The big grain terminal
The elevators from the grain terminal to the boats
A nice park at Rockingham 
The jetty at Rockingham 
A view from the jetty

Then on to Mandurah, it was getting quite late by now so we managed to catch the sun as it was going down over the beach.

View from a lookout at Mandurah
Sunset at Mandurah


Till tomorrow
Pete and Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment